By now you have probably gathered that I am a bit of a curry fiend, or just a fiend for spices and flavour!!! I absolutely loved this curry, but now that I don’t eat meat I just substitue the chicken for 500g of sweet potato and boy is it yummy!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
125g salted raw grass-fed butter or ghee (can be susbstituted for 1/4 cup coconut oil for a vegan option)
6 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp root ginger
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp (fine) Himalayan pink salt
1/4 tsp saffron
1 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp cardamom pods (crushed)
2 onions (diced)
500g chicken breast pieces (can be substitued for 500g sweet potato or mixed vegetables for a vegan option)
1 cup coconut yogurt
1 cup coconut cream (or 1/2 cup coconut milk will do too)
3 tbsp roasted slivered/chopped almonds
- In a pestle and mortar grind up into a rough paste your ginger, garlic, cinnamon, black pepper, chilli powder, salt, saffron and sugar.
- Heat your butter/ghee in a large pan or wok on a low heat until bubbling then and add your spice paste, cloves and cardamom. Cook for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add your onions and chicken and cook until the chicken is slightly browned.
- Add your yogurt, cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in your coconut cream and roasted chopped almonds.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
- Serve with a nice side of sweet potato or cauli rice!