Scotch pancakes are such a big British breakfast treat that I just had to ‘Paleofy’ them!!! I think that they are best served toasted after being cooked and served with lashings of salted raw grass-fed butter. Beautiful!!!
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
150ml nut milk of your choice
2 tbsp melted raw honey or maple syrup
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1.5 cups tapioca flour
4 tbsp almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 large egg
2 handfuls of mixed raisins & sultanas (optional but super tasty)
- Combine your nut/coconut milk, coconut oil and raw honey/maple syrup into a pan and gently heat until all the ingredients have melted into the milk.
- In a mixing bowl combine all of the other ingredients (except for the raisins & sultanas) and whisk together.
- Gradually whisk in the milk mixture until you have a smooth batter.
- Stir in your raisins & sultanas.
- Heat a heavy non stick pan on a low to medium heat with no oil.
- Add 2 tbsp of batter and smooth into a circle with the back of the spoon or small silicone spatula.
- When bubbles begin to appear and the centre seems to be ‘firming up’ slightly flip over until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with some lovely grass-fed raw butter… YUMMY!!!