So firstly, I just have to apologise for this poor quality photo as it really does not do this dessert any justice at all!
Chocolate orange is one of my favourite chocolatey combos, but throw in the cayenne pepper and this becomes super special! The maca powder and cacao really give you a natural boost and buzz, whilst cayenne pepper helps to stimulate your metabolism.
This is suitable for vegans and great as a snack, dessert or even for breakfast!
Makes: About 8 ramekins
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
1.5 bars of Lindt 99% chocolate (or roughly 75g cacao solids)
1 tbsp coconut oil
Seeds of 1 vanilla pod (or 1/4 tsp vanilla powder)
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup maca powder
Zest of 1 orange
2 small oranges (peeled)
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (dependent upon taste)
- Place a small mixing bowl of a pan of lightly boiling water. Add your chocolate, coconut oil and seeds from the vanilla pod to the mixing bowl. Stir frequently with a spatula until the mixture is fully melted. Turn off the heat.
- In a food processor blend the rest of your ingredients until smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides frequently.
- Pour in your melted chocolate mix and blend again until smooth. Again scrape the sides regularly to ensure that everything gets processed.
- Transfer into an air tight container and store in the fridge until chilled.
- Serve into small ramekins. If you are feeling brave then sprinkle some extra cayenne pepper on top too!!!