This recipe takes the classic nut butter style cup and puts a clean, mean, and green spin on it. Barleygrass has a very ‘clean’ and earthy taste to it which is almost comparable in flavour to matcha green tea.
Delicious! (And I’m not just saying that!)
Makes: 6 medium sized cups
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
For the barleygrass white chocolate:
1 tbsp barleygrass powder
For the almond butter filling:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the barleygrass white chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl (except for the barleygrass powder) over a bain-marie. Heat on a low heat, stirring frequently until fully melted.
- Whisk in your barleygrass powder until fully blended.
- Divide one half of the mixture between 6 cupcake cases. Place in the freezer to set. Set aside the remaining mixture.
- Now prepare your almond butter filling. Combine all of the ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a bain-marie. Heat on a low heat, stirring frequently until the mixture comes together into a smooth paste.
- Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and divide the almond butter filling equally between the 6 cups. Return to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Return the remaining barleygrass chocolate to the bain-marie and mix thoroughly.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and evenly divide the remaining chocolate mixture between the 6 cups. Return to the freezer until set.
- Once set remove from the cupcake cases and enjoy!