So Grasshopper Pie. Yeah, I love that stuff, I mean I really love it! Buuuuuut… I also love cheesecake. So I had to make this. It’s Paleo, it’s Vegan, it’s raw and it makes chlorella taste goooood. What more could you honestly want?
Makes: 16 medium sized squares
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
For the ‘biscuit’ base:
For the Grasshopper cheesecake:
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut sugar
- For the base, combine all of the ingredients and process until a sandy texture (have a nibble, if it reminds you of biscuit crumbs crossed with chocolate it’s done!).
- Line a 6″x8″ tin and pour in the base mixture. ‘Knuckle’ the mixture in until evenly distributed. Place in the freezer until it is needed later.
- For the cheesecake filling place the coconut oil, cacao butter, coconut milk and coconut sugar over a bain-marie until fully melted. This could take around 15 minutes. You could grate the cacao butter but I think this is equally as time consuming.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor blend the cashews and vanilla essence until a smooth paste. This will probably take around 5 minutes.
- Once the cacao butter mix has melted fully, pour it into the cashew paste and blend until smooth. Make sure you periodically scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl with a spatula to ensure that it mixes evenly.
- Add your courgette, peppermint extract and chlorella powder. Blend until smooth and evenly distributed. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl thoroughly.
- Remove the biscuit base from the freezer and pour over the Grasshopper cheesecake mix. Spread evenly with a spatula until the mix is level.
- Sprinkle over your grated chocolate and return to the freezer until set.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into squares. Serve and enjoy! Yummy yummy!