So you wanna call this faux porridge? forridge? I don’t know what a good name for this is but what I do know is that this is ridiculously tasty, and high in fat and protein so not only is it delicious but it’s great for a pre or post-workout meal. I have called this a porridge as the shelled hemp seeds create a beautiful oaty like texture that really is like porridge!
It’s best served with a handful of berries and a big dollop of my Paleo Lady Grey Curd.
This is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy free, and Vegan. It’s fantastic.
Serves: 2 people (or 1 hungry person grrrr)
Preparation Time: 1 minute
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
1/3 cup Sukrin Almond Flour
1/3 cup Sukrin Coconut Flour
1/3 cup ground almonds
1/3 cup shelled hemp seeds
1/3 cup milled flaxseed
2 tbsp milled chia seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
600ml nut milk of your choice
Handful of berries
1-2 tbsp Paleo Lady Grey Curd
- Place all of the ingredients except for the milk into a medium sized heavy based pan. Mix together so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour 1/4 of the milk and whisk into a smooth paste.
- Place on a low heat and gradually add the rest of the milk in small amounts, whisking continuously.
- Bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Serve up, top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
If you’d like to follow Sukrin online then check out the links below: